Yes, you can!
Here are ideas for foods you could order on the go,
- For dinner, strive for ~600 calories and for lunch, ~350-400.
- Salad with lean protein like tofu, fish, shellfish, chicken, beans, nuts or seeds, avocado. Avoid dried fruit, cheese and croutons. Use olive oil and/or vinegar or lemon on the side for dressing.
- Grilled or baked protein, like tofu, fish, shellfish, chicken, lean beef with 2 sides of veggies; sautéed, steamed or grilled, not fried. Examples include side salad, zucchini, mushrooms, Brussels sprouts without bacon, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, sweet potato, etc
- Smoothie or smoothie bowl with many veggies, 1-2 fruits max, unsweetened nondairy beverage or coconut water, coconut, chia, avocado, hemp seeds.
- Fresh juice with mostly veggies (80%) including mostly green vegetables.
- Soups that are broth, not cream based
- Fresh fruits or veggies (enjoy anytime!)
- Grilled salmon with veggies and salad
- Farro bowl with veggies and tofu, egg or shrimp
- Grilled Fish Tacos in a corn tortilla and side salad (go for avocado vs. sour cream)
- Veggie taco bowl with shrimp, chicken or plant-based meat, guacamole choose either beans or rice (or neither)
- Mussels in tomato broth (no bread), grilled shrimp skewer
- Sushi Restaurant – one roll of fish/veg like salmon/avocado, Sashimi, miso soup, steamed veggies with tofu. Avoid imitation crab, seaweed salads, creamy mayo, sauces and dressings. Ask for low sodium Tamari for a gluten-free option if desired.
- Chickpea bowl with kale, avocado and fresh veggies
- Grilled chicken over mixed greens with brown rice or quinoa
- Fresh fruit popsicles